PROMIS® Wave I Public Use Dataset: Data Release Policy
Researchers interested in obtaining data from PROMIS® must submit:
- A written proposal
- A signed data use agreement
All proposals are reviewed by the PROMIS Statistical Senter (PSC), in accordance
with the criteria outlined below. The review period for data requests (i.e., the
time from receipt of request to notification of a decision) is typically 2–4
weeks. Upon approval, the PSC will forward the approved dataset(s).
Proposals should include the following information:
- Title of the proposed research project
- Statement of the problem and the objectives of the proposed research
- Specific data files requested (Wave I Public Use dataset or if user specific extract,
details of the extract)
- Description of analytic methods.
- Timeline for completion.
All requests for access to PROMIS® data are reviewed and acted on
by the PSC. The primary concern of the PSC is to determine that the proposed research
does not impact other studies underway and that the proposed research is feasible
using the requested data.
Please send all applications and signed Data Use Agreements to
firstname.lastname@example.org with an appropriate message in the subject line.
Conditions for Denying a Proposal
Requests for access to the PROMIS® Wave I data may be denied under
any of the following conditions:
- The central purpose of the study is not research or evaluation.
- The research objectives are not feasible using the data requested.
- The data processing required to produce a special extract is not possible due to
processing requirements or staff limitations.
If there are concerns about a proposal raised during the review process, the comments
of the reviewers will be sent to the requestor. Investigators may make modifications
and re–submit the proposal for review. The PSC will also advise the requestor
of the same or similar projects that may be underway, to avoid duplication of effort
and to encourage collaboration where possible.
Researchers receiving PROMIS® data are required to include the following
acknowledgment in any publication or presentation using PROMIS Database data:
- "The PROMIS® data used in this analysis were provided by the
PROMIS® Network. PROMIS® is funded by the National
Institutes of Health".
- Copies of all publications and presentations using PROMIS data must be sent to the
Approval of data access does not constitute endorsement by the PSC of the proposed
research project, study findings, or recommendations of the research team.
Please send any questions about the PROMIS® Public Use Datasets and
data requests to email@example.com.